For sale is a 1920s BING LITHOGRAPHIC TIN TRAIN STATION from Germany. This full color toy train station appears to be an O gauge size train product. The side of the station is marked with the “BW” Bing logo. The BW logo which stood for “Bing Werke”, which translates to Bing Works, was in use from 1925 until 1934. Both long sides of the station have doors that slide open. The station has a removable roof. This toy is in great with minor surface wear consistent with age. This toy measures about 9 1/2 inches long, by 5 3/4 inches wide, and 4 inches tall. A great toy train assessor for display or use with a train set.
In 1863, Ignaz and Adolf Bing brothers founded the Gerbrüder Bing to produce metal kitchen utensils. In 1880, they started making toys. By 1905, Bing was the largest toy company in the world, and Bing’s factory in Nüremberg was the largest toy factory in the world. By 1914, Bing had 5,000 employees. Although Bing produced numerous toys, it is best remembered today for toy trains. The “Nuremberg Style” of manufacturing toys on steel sheets with lithographed designs that were stamped out of the metal, formed, and assembled using tabs and slots, was perfected by Bing. In 1932, Bing was in liquidation, and the Bings, who were Jewish, fled to England because of the rise of Adolf Hitler. The company went out of business for good in 1933. This manufacturing method remained in widespread use well into the 1950s, long after the Bing company had been dissolved.