For sale is a mid-century fireman’s dress uniform hat with MOUNT CARMEL PENNSLYVANNIA FIRE DEPARTMENT BADGE and CAP with FD side buttons. “FD” is short for Fire Department. This size 6 3/4 cap has wear consistent with age and belonged to Pete Boleski, a former volunteer fire fighter with the fire Department. It’s very uncommon to be able to trace a vintage fire cap or helmet to a specific individual. This cap was acquired from the liquidation of a Firefighter Museum in Amissville, Virginia. A great item for any collector of firefighter, fireman, memorabilia.
Mount Carmel began as a logging town. Coal was discovered in 1790. The Mount Carmel Inn opened in 1812. Mount Carmel was among the first towns in the country to have its streets lit by electricity. Thomas Edison placed one of his first generators plants here in 1883. The Mount Carmel Fire Department started serving the community in 1873.