For sale is a vintage small round DR LYON’S TOOTH POWDER TUBE made by the J.R. Watkins Company Division of Sterling Drug Inc, NY, NY. This new old stock container is believed to date to the 1930s to 1940s. The container holds 3/4 ounces of tooth powder and stands 2 1/4 inches tall. The label is marked with a patent number that was filed in 1935. A great vintage household collectible.
In 1868, Joseph Ray Watkins founded Watkins from his kitchen in Plainview, Minnesota. He was so confident of his home-manufactured product, Dr. Wards Liniment, that he introduced the Watkins “Trial Mark” bottle, along with the first-ever money back guarantee. By 1885, he moved the company to the booming lumber town of Winona, Minnesota. The company expanded its product line to include products such as Petro-Carbo Salve, Cathartic Pills, Vanilla, Black Pepper, and Cinnamon.